CPMHC put out a call for therapists who could donate therapy sessions to families impacted by the Barrie, Ontario tornado. We will be adding to this list as more offers come in and posting updates on social media. Thank you to our CPMHC committee members in Barrie and beyond who have been helping on the ground with physical donations and who have answers the call to provide tele-therapy.
List of Therapists Able to Provide In-Person and Tele-Therapy:
1. Bay Psychology will be able to assist over the next two weeks. Sessions will focus on psychoeducation on trauma responses, emotional supoort, and ways to cope effectively. Families that are interested will need to go to https://www.baypsychology.ca/book-a-consultation. In the area “any questions about our services” please write “Barrie Tornado” to skip the general waiting list.
2. Psychotherapist, Nathania Lukman, MSc.OT, OT Reg. (Ont.), firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying), in Barrie specializing in perinatal mental health and trauma, Michelle Farrow (she/her), M.A. (Counselling Psychology), B.A., http://www.michellefarrow.ca, 705-717-7860
4. Registered Social Workers and Trauma Therapists, http://www.michelleharris.ca
5. Licensed Social Worker, Kristin Reinhart, http://www.kristinreinhart.com, (306) 750-1674
6. Clinical Social Worker, Christina Orfanakos MSW, RSW, Grace North Psychotherapy, Barrie, http://www.gracenorthpsychotherapy.com
7. EMDR trauma therapy, Emily Pollak, MSW, RSW (she/her), Social Worker, http://www.maternalniagara.ca
8. Katherine Hambleton, RN, 647-808-2343
9. Counselling, lives in the neighborhood impacted by the tornado, Nicole Davis, MSW, RSW, Clinical Social Worker, www.sequoiacounselling.ca, Info@sequoiacounselling.ca
10. Specialized in anxiety and trauma therapy, Rosalyn Kieft, BA BSW MSW RSW, Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist, RK Counselling & Therapy, Barrie, https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/therapists/rosalyn-kieft-barrie-on/781132, 807-700-9167, email@example.com
11. Registered Nurse & Psychotherapist that works with kids and teens, as well as adults, offering TEAM-CBT psychotherapy and yogatherapy, Ingrid Rijo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647-465-5768
12. Registered Social Worker & Psychotherapist experienced in trauma and trained in EMDR, Marilyn Winters BA BSW MSW RSW, 705-795-5728, email@example.com
13. Practicing Nurse Psychotherapist, Sarah Parkinson, 519-200-4601, firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Counselling, Christina Faulkner MSW, RSW Registered Social Worker, Faulkner-counselling-services.square.site 705-482-3172 email@example.com