Here are some ways to generate publicity for your walk/event and create awareness for perinatal mental health and the CPMHC’s mission:
- Let us know you’re planning a walk/event! Email us at email@example.com and let us know what city you’ll be planning the walk/event in and when.
- Ask a local business to sponsor you to cover printing costs. Download our CPMHC BROCHURE and distribute it at the walk/event. Use our logo for banners and posters (see logo at bottom of page – if you need a high res logo please let us know and we will email it to you).
- Join our CPMHC Awareness Walk Info Group Facebook Page and connect with others organizing walks and events.
- Create a Facebook Event for your walk and invite your friends and encourage them to share the link with their friends.
- Use the hashtag #maternalMHmatters and #perinatalMHmatters on social media leading up to and on the day of the walk/event. Go live on Facebook and Instagram.
- Tweak our CPMHC Awareness Walk Sample Press Release by inserting your local info and email it to your local media – radio stations, TV news stations, online/newspapers.
- Like the Canadian Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter and share + tag photos of your walk/event.
- Join our #thisismystory campaign and tell us your story to help raise awareness of perinatal mental health issues in Canada.
- Sign and share our petition for a national perinatal mental health strategy.