Submissions have now closed.
Board of Directors – Volunteer Positions
The Canadian Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative is accepting applications for its first board of directors. The positions will be remote/work from home. Founded in 2019 and federally incorporated as a non-profit in 2021, the CPMHC’s mission is to improve perinatal mental health care in Canada through advocacy, research, education and awareness. The CPMHC is actively lobbying the federal government for a national perinatal mental health strategy that provides direction, policy, and funding for improvements to perinatal mental health care including universal screening and timely access to treatment for all individuals during preconception, pregnancy, and the postpartum periods.
Board members of the CPMHC are elected at the Annual General Meeting to serve as the leadership team of the board. Each board member is a key member of the team that makes up the volunteer board of directors.
The board of directors sets the direction of the collaborative according to the shared values and overall goals, ensures that the organization is managed well, and ensures the future viability of the organization. The board assists in the development of sound ethical and legal governance and financial management policies.
The CPMHC is looking for board members who understand perinatal mental health, have demonstrated leadership experience in non-profit governance and management, and can work well in a team structure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
By accepting a position on the CPMHC board of directors, board members agree to:
· Follow to the utmost of their ability the three legal duties of a volunteer board of directors: Duty of Care, Duty of Loyalty and Duty of Obligation;
· Be knowledgeable and act in accordance with the bylaws and other governing policies;
· Represent the interests of the organization to the community and to outside stakeholders;
· Ensure that the board carries out its fiduciary responsibility to the organization;
· Oversee and monitor accountability on the board and within the organization;
· Support the vision, mission, goals, and policies of the CPMHC;
· Serve on a committee as needed;
· Maintain the confidentiality of the CPMHC information;
· Attend and actively participate in all (virtual) meetings of the board of directors during one’s term;
· Prepare for meetings by reviewing the agenda and support materials prior to board meetings; and
· Maintain the knowledge of the organization’s programs and services.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Demonstrated understanding of perinatal mental health
· Preferred experience on volunteer board of directions
· Demonstrated leadership experience in areas identified as needs for the CPMHC board
· Ability to serve out a two-year term and to attend all board meetings
· Must be a member of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a team structure, collaboration, and be transparent
· Possesses a strong character and integrity
EXPERIENCE IN ONE OR MORE:
o Business management
o Community leadership
o Education and training
o Financial and accounting
o Governance and leadership
o Human resources
o Event and Conference Planning
o Government relations
o Policy Development
o Grant writing
o Public relations and communications
o Risk Management
o Strategic Planning
Please fill out the document below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume.
Applications will be accepted until November 30 2021.