Join a Chapter
Here’s your chance to become more involved in perinatal mental health advocacy in your home province or territory. Join a CPMHC Chapter in your province or territory and become an ambassador for CPMHC, helping to raise awareness for perinatal mental health and ensure timely access to services.
To join a CPMHC Chapter representing your Province or Territory in which you currently reside, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us your:
– City and Province
– Why you want to join a Chapter
– Your title if you work in the perinatal mental health field
– Whether you have any prior advocacy, government relations, communications/social media experience (not required to be a member)
Join a CPMHC Provincial or Territorial Chapter and:
INSPIRE our elected leaders and the public to not only inform themselves about the importance of perinatal mental health but to also spark the desire within for the vital and timely need to improve the system.
MOBILIZE fellow ambassadors to engage with policy makers in their province and territory and work with elected leaders to enact legislation to improve perinatal mental health services.
ADVANCE and transform the health care system in a way that provides timely access to perinatal mental health care services.
Chapter Ambassadors are CPMHC Volunteers.
To learn more about the CPMHC and our Mission, Vision, and Principles, please Read our Strategic Plan.
How Chapters work:
– Chapter ambassadors are guided by a Chapter Leader who works closely with the CPMHC Executive Director to set a course of action for advocacy opportunities in each province and territory
– Chapter ambassadors attend regular meetings chaired by the Chapter Leader
– Chapter ambassadors will receive Government 101 and Advocacy training
Chapter ambassadors have the opportunity to participate in advocacy actions including:
– Meeting with elected officials to share information on perinatal mental health and policy recommendations
– Representing the CPMHC at Events and Conferences
– Raising public awareness of perinatal mental health on social media and in the community